Nothing has made the Nothing OS based on Android 14 available in beta for Phone (2) users globally. The new Nothing OS 2.5 is now available in Open beta and Nothing Phone (2) users can now download and install the beta on their phones.
But, to install the beta software on Nothing Phone (2) users are required to enrol into the beta program. And here’s how to get started with the installation process.
How to enrol into Nothing OS 2.5 beta
- Download and install Nothing OS version 2.0.3 on your Nothing Phone (2)
- Download these APK (https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0376/5420/0459/files/NOS_Beta_Tool.apk?v=1697012536)
- Now, navigate to Settings → System → Update to Beta version
- Tap “Check for new version” and follow the steps to get started.
- Share your feedback by heading to Settings > System > Feedback or be part of the conversation by joining nothing.community
Things to know about installing the beta software
It is important to note that this is a beta software and there’s a chance that the test software may contain bugs and issues and interfere with your data or may require a factory reset. It could also end up bricking your phone if something goes wrong during the installation process.
So, proceed with caution and at your own risk.
Also, don’t forget to back up your complete data before installing the beta software.
If you happen to not like the beta software or there are too many bugs and want to roll back to the stable version, follow these steps.
Backup all your data as the rollback will result in a factory reset. All unsaved data will be lost.
Download the rollback package for Nothing OS 2.0.3 here.
Navigate to Settings > System > Update to Beta version.
Tap “Import file” and select the previously downloaded package.
end of article