Similar to most communication apps, Apple’s built-in FaceTime service also allows a user to block others. This may be useful when receiving spam or unwanted calls from certain specific users.
Blocking FaceTime calls on iPhone
There can be times when you may not want strangers or even certain people in your contacts to call you via FaceTime. For such cases, the app allows users to block FaceTime calls from unknown users and from their contacts as well. The feature works similar to any regular block feature offered by other apps.
How to block unknown FaceTime calls on iPhone or iPad
- Launch the FaceTime app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Go to the FaceTime call history.
- Then, tap on the Info button available next to the name, phone number or email address of the contact you want to block.
- After that, you need to scroll down and tap on the Block this Caller option.
- Finally, hit the Block Contact button.
How to block FaceTime calls from your contacts on iPhone or iPad
- On your iPhone or iPad, go to the Settings app.
- Then, scroll down and select the FaceTime option.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap on the Blocked contacts option.
- After that, select the Add new option available at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the contacts you want to block from FaceTime.
How to block FaceTime calls on Mac
- On your Mac, launch the FaceTime app from the Application folder.
- Search for the caller you want to block.
- Then, right-click on the contact and select the Block this caller option from the drop-down menu.
After you have blocked a caller, you will no longer receive any FaceTime calls, messages, or notifications from them. You can unblock a caller at any time by following the same steps and selecting ‘Unblock this Caller’.