SBI m-Passbook is an electronic passbook, which can be used for storing and recording your transaction account activities. m-Passbook is primarily the mobile passbook issued by the State Bank of India which is available for free. The passbook is available on the State Bank app. Every SBI retail internet banking user can download the State Bank app from Google Play Store and use m-Passbook.
Users can download the app from Apple’s App Store or Google Play Store. Transactions can be synced/updated manually into the user’s m-Passbook at any time of the day after logging into State Bank anywhere.
Once updated, users would be able to see their transactions in m-passbook, stored in their devices. This is an added convenience to viewing and monitoring your transactions history, without contacting the Bank’s system/server every time for retrieving transactions.
M-passbook Offline is a feature in the State Bank app, whereby users can view their m-Passbook transactions offline, without the need for any internet connectivity. All the m-Passbooks would be available to users (till they are synced) without the need to login into internet banking.
- To view m-Passbook offline, a user needs to enter his/her internet banking “Username” and “M-Passbook PIN”.
- Clicking on the m-Passbook link, the user is prompted to enter “username” and the 4-digit PIN created earlier and “Submit”.
- Account holders need to create an m-Passbook PIN before you sync your data.
- As a one-time activity, login into the State Bank Anywhere app, and go to the “Settings” menu at the bottom >> Create/Reset m-Passbook PIN.
- created, Kindly Sync/Update your account m-Passbooks, so that you are able to view them offline, without the need for any data connectivity.
- The ‘m-Passbook’ link would appear on the login page itself. Users would not be required to login into the internet banking account to view m-Passbook.
- In case, the user forgets his/her PIN, the same link can be used to create a New PIN.
- After successful validation of the PIN locally, the user is displayed the list of transaction account numbers (for which m-passbook already resides on the phone) to select.
Once the user selects the particular account, the m-passbook opens up in landscape mode populating all the transactions, already synced earlier.
In the offline version of m-Passbook, no “Sync” button should be provided.