YouTube is a video-sharing platform owned by Google. It was founded in 2005 by three former PayPal employees and has since become one of the largest and most popular websites on the internet. Users can upload and share videos, comment on videos, and subscribe to channels. They can also like and dislike videos, and create playlists.
YouTube has over 2 billion monthly active users, and it is the second most visited website in the world after Google.
The types of videos on YouTube are diverse and can include music videos, vlogs, movie trailers, educational content, gaming videos, and more.
YouTube offers different levels of access to its platform. Anyone can access and view public videos, but users need to create an account to upload videos, comment on videos, and interact with the community.
YouTube videos can range in length, format, and genre, from short clips and tutorials to longer-form content such as documentaries, music videos, vlogs, comedy skits, educational content, and more. Videos can be watched on the YouTube website or mobile app, and can be embedded in other websites or shared via social media. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how users can change playback speed on YouTube videos.
- Start playing the video you want to adjust the playback speed for.
- Click on the Settings (gear) icon located at the bottom right corner of the video player.
- In the menu that appears, click on the “Playback speed” option.
- You will then see a list of playback speed options ranging from 0.25x (slowest) to 2x (fastest). Select the speed you want the video to play at.
- The video will now start playing at the new playback speed you selected.
- You can change the playback speed at any time during the video by following the same steps.
Additionally, users can also use keyboard shortcuts to adjust the playback speed:
- To increase playback speed: Press “Shift” and “>” (right arrow) key together.
- To decrease playback speed: Press “Shift” and “<" (left arrow) key together.
- To reset playback speed to normal: Press “Shift” and “0” key together.
It is to be noted that not all videos may support all playback speeds, especially if the video is set to a fixed frame rate or has captions or subtitles.
YouTube subscription plans
YouTube offers several subscription plans to users that includes:
YouTube Premium: This is a paid subscription service that offers ad-free videos, background play, and access to YouTube Originals, which are exclusive movies and TV shows created by YouTube.
YouTube Music Premium: This subscription plan offers ad-free music streaming, background play, and offline playback. You also get access to music videos and exclusive content.
YouTube TV: This is a live TV streaming service that offers access to over 85 channels, including local and cable networks. You can record and store your favorite shows, and access the service on multiple devices.